Langbein & Langbein, P.A. is a boutique law firm located in Miami, Florida, managed by attorney Leslie W. Langbein, a highly skilled lawyer in the area of employment law, business law and alternative dispute resolution. Leslie W. Langbein, Esq. has been Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Labor & Employment Law since 2001. She has an AV rating, the highest possible rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the most distinguished legal directory and information service. Langbein & Langbein, P.A. provides legal services to clients located in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Monroe County, Collier County, Lee County and Hillsborough County. Langbein & Langbein, P.A. can offer advice and representation in the following areas of practice:
- Business and Employment Law, specializing in all areas, such as:
- Title VII and Florida Human Rights Act discrimination claims based on race, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion and retaliation claims; Fair Labor Standards Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) matters including minimum wage and overtime claims before courts and the U.S. Department of Labor
- Family Medical Leave Act, Equal Pay Act and all other Federal statutory employment claims;
- Unpaid Wage claims, Worker's Compensation retaliation claims and all other State statutory employment claims;
- Breach of contract claims, employment and separation agreements, business protection matters like non-competition, non-solicitation and work for hire agreements;
- Unemployment claims;
- Business Torts like defamation, tortious interference, and theft of trade secrets;
- Defense of Housing Discrimination and Title III, ADA accessibility claims.
- Administrative Law, including representation of municipal boards; practice before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Florida Commission on Human Relations, and State of Florida professional licensing boards, and other areas of government relations.
- Business Matters, including purchase/sale agreements and other business transactions; shareholder agreements and disputes; operating agreements; independent contractor agreements; and the like.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, serving as Florida Circuit/Civil certified mediators in the areas of labor and employment law, civil rights, commercial disputes and as an arbitrator for K-12 and higher education, state agencies, private parties in pre-suit, Federal or State litigation and for the American Arbitration Association in labor, employment, health care and international and national commercial matters. In December 2013, Leslie Langbein was inducted to the Florida Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
Se Habla Espanol
LANGBEIN & LANGBEIN, P.A. represents clients of all size including businesses, non-profit corporations and individuals. We are admitted to the Trial Bars of the United States District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and licensed to practice in all courts of the State of Florida, including Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Thank you for visiting our website and we hope it will better acquaint you with our practice.